Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Reminiscence.

VIA CALCIUMMS
I close my eyes and I remember.I remember the red bricks that was gradually being eroded away by the weather,the apple tree in the backyard with it's ripened apples falling ever so gently in slow motion.I remembered the blooming tulips that we planted together during spring,the old bathtub that smelled of strawberries.I remember the old heater that was my sanctuary during the fierce winter,the old floorboards that creaked with every movement.I remember the attic that was full with antique items,left to be covered in dust,forgotten and abandoned.I remember walking to school in the cold,with my scarf high up to my nose to protect me from the cold,the fallen autumn leaves that spoke when people walked on it.I remember the park with its beautiful white swans,yellow ducklings and sneaky ducks.I remember the raspberry bush covered with fat raspberry that hung from its thin vine,waiting for a cheeky hand to set it free.I remember the snowman that melted away at the start of spring,fading away from existence.

I remember the laughter.

I remember the tears.

I remember everything.

Then I woke up.

And I realised...

It was just a memory from the past.

No comments: