![]() |
| via: equalequal |
I just had a talk with my little sister and I realized how hard it is to actually live a good life.Not in a sense whereby we become rich and famous,no,I meant an actually good life whereby we are able to be compassionate towards others and are able to make others happy sincerely,while at the same be clever and successful in both this life and in the Hereafter.Even to attain knowledge itself is a huge struggle for certain people and not everyone realizes that I suppose.
In school,but not all,they taught us to be the best of the best and its kind of sad how they actually divided the students.Like you have the so-called "clever students" who are the top priority of the school and then you have the "unsuccessful students",who are ignored most of the time.Shouldn't there be equality amongst all?Shouldn't the teachers work harder to encourage the not-so-successful students to actually learn something?If they fail to do that,then its not the students who are unsuccessful but the teachers themselves that are unsuccessful,am I right?
Yes,we have to put in the effort ourselves but before we are motivated to do something,we must have a drive that pushes us towards that something.Where's the role of parents and teachers in this?Moreover,I find it unfair that the teachers pamper the top students.Every single person that goes to school is different in their own way and just because one fails to perform well in a certain topic,doesn't mean he/she is a failure.There are many types of learners i.e. kinesthetic learners,visualizer,listeners and maybe even more.Shouldn't there be more than one method to teach these students?And as for the whole learn-it-by-yourself tactic,what's the point in going to school if the teachers suggests that solution to a student?Isn't it pointless?
Another thing I can't stand about school is expectations.People always expects more in us then what we are capable of.And when a person fails to reach that level of expectations,you treat them with such a high level of disappointment.Isn't that unfair?That person already tried his/her best in reaching the goal that you dangled in front of them.Shouldn't you give them a big smile,a hug and say "Good job.You gave it your all and it was amazing" ?What happened to motivating,encouraging and supporting someone?Where have these values disappear off to?
P.s. Sorry for being overwhelmingly passionate.I just find it appalling that children nowadays have to work so hard to reach for a certain expectation that might not be what they desire for.What happened to the freedom in choosing what we want?Just saying *shrug*

No comments:
Post a Comment