Yes, I do believe that I am a bit too late to wish this but Happy Eid Mubarak to everyone! My reasons for being this late are very simple. Number 1: I wasn't exactly at home most of the time. Was rushing here and there and I also had to go up north for my Uncle's wedding. Can I just have a moment to whine about how terrible the line is up there? I could barely call let alone text anyone, and obviously there wasn't any internet connection so so much for escaping into the cyber world. Number 2: when I got back home, the worst possible scenario happened, which was the electricity decided to disappear from our neighbourhood. Can you believe that? We actually had to use our candles momentarily but thank God, the electrician came over and fixed the circuit pole or whatever you call it.
During Eid, I managed to learn how to make ketupat. Well sort of...if you count pouring the pulut grain into already made ketupat casing? Let me have a moment to express my deepest respect to all the women out there who are able to actually weave the casing of ketupat properly, cause it is so hard! My fingers were fumbling over each other and I actually cut myself, yes I ashamedly admit that. I only managed to weave like maybe 60% of it but I couldn't join it up. In the end, I gave up and watched in awe as my aunt folded and slide the leaves in between one another and ta-da! The ketupat is made!
 |
| Homemade ketupat :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment