Friday, March 13, 2009

Death Bed

Just a little story I wrote.Hope you enjoy it! =)


She felt the wind blowing hard against her skin.The rain ambushed her body like bombs.Her vision was blurred,only the outline of the cars around her guided her.Just great,she thought.I'm soaking wet,freezing cold,my body aches badly and I'm late for school!She saw the green light and sped up.She cycled so fast till everything around her turned to lines.The sound was deafening.Car engines gunning to life,honking and screeching.She cycled across the road and saw the school.She was nearing her destination,and suddenly she was flying.Her body was thrown into the air like a doll,her bike crashed to the ground with a silent thud.She saw the ground and closed her eyes.Everything went still..

* * * * * * *

She opened her eyes and saw the sky.It brought tears in her eyes to see such a beautiful day.She tried to move her hand but pain attacked her.The accident.Was it a nightmare?It must have been or not I would have been dead,she thought.Which is silly cause I cant be dead.I mean hello I'm an average kid who's about to sit for the most important exam of my life that will decide my future.The thought of it scared her.But the pain.She remembered the pain.The impact ,the sound of the cars,the numb feeling that washed over her when her body touched the ground.She remembered it all.She shrugged the uneasy feeling aside and tried to move her head to her right.It didn't move.She tried again and this time it worked.There was lilies.So beautiful and freash.How strange.She didn't remember going to the park or passing one.She tried pushing her body up with all the energy that exist her body.She wobbled for awhile but,steadied herself by touching a bar near her.She looked around and her jaw dropped.Her family,cousins,aunties,uncles,friends,teachers ,classmates and neighbor was all here.They was all dressed in black.Some with tears in their eyes,others with sad expression.
She felt her blood ran cold.She looked down and felt her heart smashed to pieces.Her twin body lay pale and lifeless.She screamed and jumped out of the coffin.No!This cant be happening.There must have been a mistake!She shook her head and tears streamed down her cheeks.She ran to her mother and tried to touch her but,her hand went straight to her as though her mother was a phantom.
"This is a mistake!I'm still alive,see?!I'm still alive!Look at me!" she screamed those words till her throat hurts.Her mother ignored her .She felt cold and lonely.She screamed and fell to the ground.She weeped silently and felt herself fading.It was time..

3 comments:

Shahida said...

good one:)

Izmo said...

thnx =)

Shahida said...

print out la, publish dlm mag skolah (: